We went on a 10-day trip organized by Mai Globe Travels
The service we received before and during the trip was truly exemplary. Tanja had our journey organized wonderfully and gave us really good advice in advance. Our driver Rukmal was great too. He spoke English very well and had great knowledge about his country. He drove safely, showed us, and explained a lot about Sri Lanka. Some spontaneous changes to the itinerary were not a problem.
Our tour started with a safari at Wilpattu national park. Later that day, we headed to Anuradhapura.
We then visited Sigiriya and definitely loved our stay at the Aliya Resort! Afterwards, we continued to Dambulla, Kandy, Nuwara Eliya, where we took a train ride from Nanu Oya to Ella. It was a real experience in the third class!
Finally another brilliant safari at Udawalawe national park that had many elephants and other animals.
We would love to do it all again. Sri Lanka is a beautiful holiday destination with very friendly people, great scenery and wildlife. Not to mention the beaches. We highly recommend a round trip with Mai Globe Travels including at the end a few days on the beach to relax.
Our itinerary in Sri Lanka
- Day 1: Airport – Negombo
- Day 2: Negombo – Wilpattu safari – Anuradhapura
- Day 3: Anuradhapura & Mihintale visit – Sigiriya
- Day 4: Sigiriya Lion Rock & Kaudulla safari
- Day 5: Dambulla Temple & Kandy city tour
- Day 6: Kandy – train ride – Nuwara Eliya
- Day 7: Nuwara Eliya – Lipton’s Seat – tea factory – Ella
- Day 8: Little Adam’s Peak hike
- Day 9: Ella – Udawalawe safari
- Day 10: Elephant Transit Home – Dondra Lighthouse – Unawatuna
- Day 11: Unawatuna Beach & Galle Fort
- Day 12: Unawatuna – airport
Written by Alex & Sabine | Germany